Camp Meeting 2023
The above engraving is of a Methodist camp meeting in 1819. (Library of Congress). Camp Meetings have been apart of the Methodism movement from the very beginning. They have looked different over the years but they have all had one purpose in mind that is to bring people together in fellowship, worship and renewal. We want to offer at Camp Ahistadi's 2023 Camp Meeting a space where people can come together in fellowship, offer a unique worship experience and remind us of the roots of methodism to help bring renewal. All are invited to come!
Friday September 29th
5pm-7pm Worship, Preaching, and Covered Dish Meal to kick off the event.
Saturday September 30th
10am- 7pm Preachers will be rotating all day with music in-between. We will have different people set up sharing Appalachian crafts like wood carving, apple butter, and others. We will have face painting, pumpkin carving, and a craft area for kids of all ages.
What You need to Know
- This event will happen rain or shine.
- Camp Address is 9863 TN-91, Laurel Bloomery, TN 37680
- Parking is somewhat limited so we are asking people to carpool if you can.
- We will have food available on Saturday (Soup Beans and all the fixes) but you are more that welcome to bring a picnic lunch. (No alcohol allowed)
- The event will be held outside and under a pavilion. Please bring camp chairs to make the event more enjoyable. Wear clothing suitable for the weather. Camp is about 5 degrees colder than Damascus Va.
- You don't have to set and listen to every preacher. The idea is that preaching will be going all day long so you can come and go.
- There are walking trails, Laurel Creek and Camp Ahistadi to explore while you are here.
- Have patience.
- If you have any questions please call 276-323-0563